My name is Ashley Clarke, and I am a recent Western University graduate. I graduated with my Bachelor of Science in Nursing and have been working as a Registered Nurse for six months. I am passionate about health, wellness and education.
Internship Placement & Partner
My internship is with the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi, Kenya. I will be working to create a career ladder in order to increase retention of senior bedside nurses.
My goals for this internship are:
- Collaborate with nurses at Aga Khan University Hospital to create a career ladder that is meaningful, applicable and culturally relevant
- Work with a sample of nurses that will create statistically significant results
- Create a deeper understanding of the reasons why senior bedside nurses choose to move on in their careers
- Refine and continue to develop my communication skills
- Continue to strengthen the relationship between Western University and Aga Khan University